Baby Care for Adoptive Parents
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Location: Deborah Steincolor's office at: 80 Park Street, Montclair, NJ 07042
This workshop is for you if you are waiting to adopt and would like to learn about baby care.
Workshop Facilatator is Danielle Ciccaglione RN, BSN, CCE, an IAC Center Educator, a certified childbirth educator with extensive experience teaching classes on both childbirth and newborn baby care; a specialty in educating the Intended Parents of gestational carrier arrangements and now pre-adoptive parents on the birth process, the hospital experience, and newborn infant care.
Becoming a parent is a joyous experience. Many parents begin to feel excited yet nervous about their various expectations for the first months of having a newborn. This baby care class will help parents begin to feel more confident and comfortable prior to their new arrival. It will allow new adoptive parents to learn in a setting that allows them to feel open to asking questions and meeting others with similar stories.
You will learn about:
- Necessary items for: travel, hotels, first days with infant
- Car seat safety
- What do you need once baby is home, the must haves and items that “would be nice” to have too.
- Expectations for the hospital
- Medical: newborn testing, vaccinations, procedures, care of infant while in hospital
- Psychological: Adoption issues
- Baby Care including: feeding, burping, diapers, swaddling/soothing, bathing, cord care
- Basic medical care
- Understanding your infants needs and handling a “cranky baby”
- Choosing a pediatrician
You will have plenty of time to ask questions as well.
Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.
is limited. Pre-registration is required and should be completed at least one week
prior to the event. Payment must be received in order
to confirm your registration. Cancellations must be received
at least three days prior to the event.
Phone 609-737-8750, or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org