DATE: To Be Determined. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this workshop. We will select the date based on what works for interested pre-adoptive and adoptive parents and professionals.
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
LOCATION: IAC Center, 2 Tree Farm Road, Suite A200, Pennington, NJ 08534
This workshop is for families who have or are planning to adopt a child. Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to create a safe family atmosphere in which adoption can be openly discussed
- What children think about adoption at different ages and stages of development
- What issues are really hard for children to deal with and what issues are actually harder for the parents
- Communication tools for talking to your child and answering his or her questions
- How to help your child deal with a peer or school issues.
Workshop Facilitator: Joni Mantell, LCSW, is a psychotherapist with a specialty in adoption, and Director of the IAC Center. She is a frequent writer and “Ask the Expert” columnist for Adoptive Families Magazine where she is particularly known for her expertise in integrating and differentiating adoption, child development and other psychological issues in her understanding of each individual and family situation. She also helps families to plan out developmentally how they will talk with their child about his or her personal adoption story.
For additional information: Phone 609-737-8750, or E-mail: JMantellmsw@gmail.com
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this workshop. We would like to select the date based on what works for interested pre-adoptive and adoptive parents, and professionals; and will keep you apprised of planned workshops on this topic.