Sunday, October 4, 2015 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
This workshop is for families who have or are planning to adopt a child. Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.
Join us as we talk about:
- How to create a safe family atmosphere in which adoption can be openly discussed
- What children think about adoption at different ages and stages of development
- What issues are really hard for children to deal with and what issues are actually harder for the parents
- Communication tools for talking to your child and answering his or her questions
- How to help your child deal with peer or school issues.
Workshop Facilitator: Joni Mantell, LCSW, is a psychotherapist with a specialty in adoption, and Director of the IAC Center. She is a frequent writer and “Ask the Expert” columnist for Adoptive Families Magazine where she is particularly known for her expertise in integrating and to differentiating adoption, child development and other psychological issues in her understanding of each individual and family situation.
Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.
Seating is limited. Pre-registration is required and should be completed at least one week prior to the event. Payment must be received in order to confirm your registration. Cancellations must be received at least three days prior to the event.
For additional information:
Phone 609-737-8750, or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org