Sunday, October 25, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
This workshop is designed for all families who have or are planning to adopt a child of another race. Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.
In choosing to become a trans-racial family through adoption, we accept the responsibility of opening our hearts and our lives to new ways of being.
Join us as we talk about:
- What it means to be a “conspicuous family” – to parents and to children
- How to talk about race and ethnicity with your children
- Ways to incorporate a wide array of multiculturalism into your family
- Strategies for helping to educate others in your life about what it means to be a trans-racial family.
- Challenges of growing up as part of a trans-racial adoptive family and how parents can help
Speaker/Moderator: Stefani Moon M.A., is a Licensed Professional Counselor and the Program Manager for Open Arms Adoption Network’s North Jersey and New York offices. She facilitates Families Like Ours (FLO) a monthly support and resource group for Caucasian families parenting African American children. . Adoption is both a professional and a personal passion for Stefani, as her two daughters joined her family through adoption.
This workshop includes the speaker, A Panel of adults who were adopted into transracial families and time for discussion.
Some adoption agencies will accept this workshop as credit toward the home study requirements. Certificates will be issued upon request.
Seating is limited. Pre-registration is required and should be completed at least one week prior to the event. Payment must be received in order to confirm your registration. Cancellations must be received at least three days prior to the event.
For additional information:
Phone 609-737-8750, or E-mail: email@example.com